Thursday, January 25, 2007

Paredo's Rule

The old 80/20 rule, you can have 80% of the fun for 20% of the cost, it's the remianing 20% of the fun that costs so much. Most Americans have no idea what that means or would even care if they did. It seems to me that maority simply worry about "afford/cannot afford".

and if the average consumer cannot afford it, they buy it on credit.

Which is great for people with a hint of Do It yourself in them. The "old" quickly becomes the "discarded"
from leather coats to old kitchen appliances, most of these sorts of things are either give aways, or low priced at the local thrift store or charity.

Dual coffee and expresso machines are commonly sold for 8 dollars or so, and these are Krups machines, not exactly the bottom of the barrel.

I wil admit that the Siren Song of "buy buy buy" has hit even me, even though I limit my debt to one weeks pay, the bills sit there accusing me, making me wonder when they need to be paid (in full BTW) so starting tomorrow, I will live on the "new" minimum wage no matter what I bring home.

This will accomplish more than a few things

1. It will allow me to see where I spend money on junk.
2. I will lose weight, some 30 pds or so. 30 dollars a week for an adult will be "fun".
3. It will force me to actually get all of the stuff I have accumulated into working and usable order.
4. For entertainment I will have to dust off the old weight set, we all have one of those, be it the "nordic skier" or the "bowflex" that is buried underneath whatever (I would bet jackets..Am I correct?)

So follow along (or not) as I meet my goals whcih are:

1. Save 5,000 or so.
2. Learn at a small level Spanish, French, some Latin,
3. Get all of my "paredo's rule" stuff in working order.
4. Lose 30 pds, and get back down to my College weight.

We shall see....

No comments: