Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Secrets of happiness

My budget just got blown up this week, a fuel pump went bad on the Honda, for a domestic, it would be cheap enough to fix, 30 dollars and some bolts an voila! fixed.

Not so with Mr. honda, try 180 dollars and a gas tank removal and it still Isn't fixed.

I should be upset, but it is an opportunity, I've been meaning to start riding a bicycle into work. Loss some weight, and save some money, but it is just so darn easy to hop in the car and drive to where ever it is that I wanted to go.

Now, that no longer is an option, I am looking forward to this actually, I perform better and try harder when the back is against the wall, and in this case, I have only gain in front of me, not loss.

This is a secret in a way, problems can be opportunities for growth or effort or change, if I solve this problem, I will achieve some goals and pick up a fun hobby.

How great is that?

No comments: